This episode of Indie Business Podcast is a recording of my “Real People Real Business” radio show which airs live on Saturday mornings on WIXE-AM in Monroe, North Carolina.
To make sure you catch every episode, I encourage you to subscribe via iTunes so you can take Indie Business Podcast with you wherever you are in your busy life.
This episode of Indie Business Podcast is sponsored by Soap Equipment, the finest in small scale soap and body care manufacturing equipment since 1996. Learn more at Soap Equipment.
Show Notes For This Episode
- How I quit my job to start my business. It’s an interesting story, but I caution you not to do it the way I did it.
- The importance of having both feet in. If you have one toe into your business and the rest of your body is off doing something else, your business will not be successful.
- The importance of clarity. If people don’t know exactly what you do, they won’t be engaged, and if they are not engaged, they will not listen, and if they don’t listen, they won’t buy.
- How to pitch the media. Great tips to help you identify the right media outlets for you, and how to approach the journalists to feature your products. Help A Reporter is recommended.
- How to MasterMind. Tips for creating an accountability and Mastermind group in your community.