In this post, I announced my topic on #IndieCruise 2014: How to Add Membership and Subscription Programs to Your Business. Today, I’m excited to announce that Indie Business Network member Lela Barker will join me as a speaker on the topic of Beyond Profit: How to Use Your Life and Your Business to Make a Dent in the Universe.
This topic is especially fitting for our unplugged trip to Labadee, Haiti, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Here is more information about what you’ll learn, and about Lela.
Beyond Profit: Using Your Life and Your Business to Make a Dent in the Universe
As your business grows, you may notice that it’s just not enough for you. Oh, you’re happy with it alright, and you are doing what you love to do. And you’re making a profit, so it’s a good thing. But it’s not enough — not enough because you long for a way to use your business to do more than generate a profit.
You want to use your business to create opportunity. Not just for yourself and your family, but for others. For your neighbors. For your community. Maybe even for people across oceans.
Do you see your business here? Your heart? Your desire? If so, then you’ll want to hear this important message and spend a week learning from an experienced philanthropist who uses her business to touch lives and spread love (and not a little bit of money) around the world.
What you’ll learn:
- How to structure your business to appeal to potential charitable collaborators, even if you are just starting out
- How to support charitable causes without spending much money
- How to create your own charitable efforts, that complement and can be co-branded with your business
- How to position yourself to start your own non-profit organization in the future
- How to encourage your customers and friends to support the charitable causes you care most about
Lela will also answer your questions after her presentation, as well as while you swim, spa and snorkel with us on board a luxury cruise ship and in Labadee, Haiti, Grand Cayman and Jamaica.
More About Lela
Ten years ago, Lela Barker was a broke and broken single mother living in her parent’s spare bedroom. Today, she’s the founder + CEO of Bella Luccè, an award-winning, international beauty company, the executive director of a Moroccan-based nonprofit and president of Lucky Break, a small business consulting firm educating + empowering creative entrepreneurs and makers. She’s a skilled product development and wholesale program strategist who enjoys assisting creatives as they build strong brand recognition and gain traction in the marketplace. Lela’s products and personal story have been featured in more than fifty publications worldwide.
Lela has been invited to speak at business conferences and industry events from California to Bamako, Mali. She’s taught on cruise ships (yay!), in African mud huts and in swanky hotel ballrooms. She has journeyed to more than thirty countries to source exotic ingredients for Bella Luccè, distribute aid, teach small business and product formulation workshops, and share her passion with moguls-in-the-making around the globe.
If you have any questions before registering, call Suzanne at 770-952-8300.
- Donna Maria’s #IndieCruise 2014 Topic: How to Add Membership and Subscription Programs to Your Business
- Learn From (and Snorkel With) Leading Indies, Makers and Creative Entrepreneurs
- Theme: No More Beauty Business As Usual
- Official #IndieCruise Video and Itinerary
- Follow the official #IndieCruise Twitter list
1. Does your business collaborate or partner with charitable causes that you and your customers care about?
2. Have you considered starting a non-profit of any kind, with you as the leader?
3. What opportunities do you see to use your business to financially empower charities?
Please share your comments, questions, and ideas in the space below — either via the Disqus comment area or through Facebook.